Public Libraries Membership Registration
This service involves benefiting from the library membership by borrowing materials from all Dubai public libraries and Digital Library, using the Internet for free and getting library services with lower fees for a period of five years.
To obtain service through website and smart App
1. Sign up through Dubai Public Libraries App or Dubai Culture and Arts Authority's libraries page
2. Upgrade the account through the customer page, by filling in the required fields, and attaching the required documents.
3. An approval notification is sent to the customer by email to complete the payment process
4. A digital membership card is issued, and can be presented through Dubai Public Libraries App
For individual members (adults / children) and families:
- A copy of a valid ID
For membership of institutions and companies:
- An official letter issued by the company to apply for a library membership
- A copy of the commercial license of the company and the institution (not applicable to governmental institutions)
- A copy of the identity cards of those authorized to borrow (Qty: 2)
Terms & Conditions
In the event that the borrowed item is not returned, or wholly or partially lost or destroyed, the member shall comply with either of the two following options:
1. Hand over the same library item and pay AED 25 in lieu of administrative expenses; or
2. Pay the value of the library item and AED 25 in lieu of administrative expenses.
- Membership will be canceled and the security deposit will be confiscated if one of the above two items is not applied.
- Delaying the return of the borrowed library item is subject to a fine of 50 fils for each day of delay for each item.
The library membership subscription period is 5 years, renewable for a similar period
External borrowing service:
- For children membership, it is allowed to borrow 10 library items at a time for a period of 28 days
- For individual members (adults), it is allowed to borrow 15 library items at a time for a period of 28 days
- For family membership, it is allowed to borrow 25 library items at a time for a period of 28 days
- For companies and institutions membership, it is allowed to borrow 100 library items at a time for a period of 28 days
The insurance amount is refunded upon request to cancel the membership one year following the date of membership
Thank you for your Feedback
Was this information helpful ?
Post Your Comment
Thanks For Feedback
One of our representative will contact you shortly
Copyright © 2014-2023 . All rights reserved.