HIS EXCELLENCY ABDULRAHMAN BIN MOHAMED AL OWAIS
United Arab Emirates Health & Prevention Minister
H.E. ABDULRAHMAN BIN MOHAMED AL OWAIS is the UAE's Health and Prevention Minister. He oversees the development and implementation of all policies, regulations and mechanisms for raising public healthcare awareness and ensuring that the national healthcare system is at par with international standards.
H.E. Al Owais was officially appointed as Minister of Health in 2013 – a post he maintained in 2016, when the Ministry's name was changed to the Ministry of Health and Prevention. He was previously the UAE's Minister of Culture, Youth and Community Development from 2006 and took over as acting Minister of Health in 2011 concurrent to his position as Minister of Culture.
Aside from his ministerial duties, H.E. Al Owais has also actively involved himself in other distinguished organizations, serving distinct leadership posts like;
- - Chairman of the Federal Authority for Government Human Resources.
- - Chairman of the Board of the Dubai Culture and Arts Authority.
- - Senior Vice President of the National Olympic Committee.
- - Chairman of Health Council.
- - Chairman of the Board of the Sheikh Hamdan Bin Rashid Al Maktoum Award for Medical Sciences.
- - Chairman of the Board of the Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum International Photography Award.
H.E. ABDULRAHMAN BIN MOHAMED AL OWAIS is also a Board Member of:
- The Mohammed Bin Rashid University of Medicine and Health Sciences.
- Dubai Healthcare City.
- - The Emirates Foundation for Philanthropy.
- - The Sultan bin Ali Al Owais Cultural Foundation.
- H.E. Al Owais graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting and Information Systems from United Arab Emirates University in 1989.
- He is renowned for his passion for culture and the arts, particularly photography, Arabic calligraphy, poetry writing and modern Arabic fine arts.