Land of Talents campaign
A competition to design Safeguarding Emirati Cultural Heritage Forum logo
Under the patronage of Her Highness Sheikha Latifa bint Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice Chairman of the Board of Directors at Dubai Culture, and following the success of the first 'Preserving Emirati Cultural Heritage' forum, which was held under the theme 'Developing Business Capabilities Towards Safeguarding Traditional Handicraft,' the aim of the forum was to highlight local and regional efforts of governmental and non-governmental entities in preserving traditional handicrafts as well as provide for their development as intangible resources supporting the UAE's culture, tourism, and economy.
Dubai Culture and Arts Authority (Dubai Culture), in line with Dubai's efforts to support the UAE leadership's vision to preserve national heritage and develop the handicrafts sector, announced the launch of the 'Land of Talents' campaign, a public competition to design the 'Safeguarding Emirati Cultural Heritage' forum logo. The campaign aims to raise awareness of the forum's hosting process as well as give all UAE residents the opportunity to help shape the forum's future framework.
The campaign's concept is inspired by the Eight Principles of Governance in Dubai announced by His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai. His Highness urged all those involved in Dubai's development to uphold these principles and put in place mechanisms to ensure their continuity, despite all arising circumstances and changes.
In line with the seventh principle, the 'Land of Talents,' which inspired the campaign's name, Dubai reached its current world-class position thanks to the contributions of talented traders, managers, engineers, innovators, and dreamers. Sustaining Dubai's leading position and fierce competitiveness is only possible by maintaining it as a hub for pioneering minds. Therefore, we must constantly renew our policies and procedures to attract talent as well as secure better living conditions in Dubai for those with better minds and thoughts.
Date of Launch and Registrations Opening: 6 March 2019
Registration Channels: Dubai Culture website and social media channels, government communication channel.
Application Period: 4 months from its launch date.
Registration End Date: 5 July 2019
Application Sorting Process: 20 July 2019
Application Judging Process: 8 August 2019
Announcing the Winner: 9 September 2019
Ceremony for honouring the winner/participants: 10 October 2019, in Al Shindagha Historical Neighbourhood.
Participation Terms & Conditions
- The logo must portray an element of the UAE's cultural heritage, depicting any form of Emirati social life, traditional handicrafts, old professional practices, or ethical practices
- The logo must reflect the forum's identity, its activities, and the fact that it was launched from Dubai
- The logo must include the forum's name in both Arabic and English
- The logo's design must be original, and should not resemble the logos of any other entities, projects, or awards
- Applicants must explain their philosophy in designing the logo and choice of colours
- The logo must be clear and simple
- The logo details must be clear when reduced to a 15mm x 15mm size
- Submissions must be limited to (PDF, AI) formats, or (PNG) for images, and must be under 5mb in size. The logo's dimensions must be no less than 20cm x 20cm, and its resolution no less than 300px
- Applicants must submit their full contact information: name, address, contact channels
- Designs must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org