Dubai IDEATHON: Open Call for Ideas
Like many other industries across the world, the COVID-19 pandemic has caused a crisis in the creative and cultural sector that is largely composed of small-medium sized businesses, artists, designers and self-employed creatives.
An open call taking place 2-4 April, invites stakeholders across different industries to work collectively to respond to the immediate challenges caused by the COVID-19 pandemic and ideate possible solutions to support the region's cultural industries. This initiative is launched by Dubai Culture & Arts Authority, in collaboration with the Art Dubai Group, which produces the internationally recognised annual art and design fairs and festivals – Art Dubai, Art Week, Dubai Design Week, Downtown Design and Global Grad Show.
Everyone is invited to submit ideas to address challenges, propose solutions to reframe the narrative around this crisis and explore new possibilities. These proposals could respond to:
- Solutions aimed at supporting the well-being of employees during the crisis
- How creative industries can optimize workflow and adopt sustainable business models
- Creating platforms for a stakeholder to build meaningful business relationships and receive mentorship
- Creating a centralized database of creative resources, from freelancers to skill-based collectives and collaborative businesses
- Exploring how early adoption of digital platforms can help sustain creative businesses
Visit www.dubai-ideathon.com to find out more about the open call and submit your ideas.